School buses are one of the safest modes of transportation. Caring drivers, extensive driver training, high quality standards for school buses, and good student training are some of the things making school bus transportation exceptionally safe.
Safe transportation depends on the support of our parents.
Please carefully review the information below so together we can support the safe transportation of our children.
We can be reached at 509-925-8100.
- Route Assignment
- Route Numbers
- Crossing the Road
- Success on the Bus
- Rules for School Bus Riders
- Consequences if the Rules are Broken
- What You Can Do to Help
- School Delay or Cancellation
- School Bus Delay or Emergency
Please communicate address changes to your student’s school before requesting routing changes.
Students are normally assigned to one bus stop in the morning and one bus stop in the afternoon. Sometimes, alternate or one-time arrangements can be made. These kinds of arrangements should be minimized and students must be able to execute them without assistance.
- Verbal warning.
- Immediate consequence (separation from friends, for example).
- Misconduct report.
Each misconduct report comes with a consequence, usually:
- 1-day suspension from the bus.
- 3-day suspension from the bus.
- 5-day suspension from the bus.
- 10-day suspension from the bus.
- 45-day suspension from the bus.
- Make sure your student is visible at the bus stop 5 minutes before the stop time. The bus will not stop if no student is visible.
- Review the bus rules with your student. Make sure your student understands what is expected of him or her when riding the school bus.
- Alert your school bus driver if you have questions or concerns.
- Please do not board the school bus unless the driver directs you to do so because of security concerns.
- Make certain your student knows his or her route numbers, especially if he or she transfers.
- Call us if you have questions or concerns.
- Students may be delayed due to a school bus breakdown, an accident, or another kind of emergency. In most emergency situations, students will be delivered to their planned destination following the emergency. In the event of a transportation emergency, please:
- Remain calm.
- Do not attempt to pick your student up at the location of the emergency.
- Be ready to meet your student at the location where you had planned to meet him or her before the emergency.
- Be available at one of the phone numbers on file with your student’s school.
- Follow directions given by district officials.