New Student Enrollment
2021-2022 Online Registration
Parents of students in grades K-12th, new to the Ellensburg School District, may begin registering their children online at any time. Select the button below to go to the Student Registration & Enrollment Center:
2022-2023 Online Registration
Parents of students new to the Ellensburg School District, may begin registering their children online at for the 2022-2023 School year. Select the button below to go to the Student Registration & Enrollment Center:
New Elementary School Students for 2022-2023
Registration is Open!
The Ellensburg School District has implemented Attendance Boundaries for grades K-5 students, which will be in place for the start of the 2022-2023 school year. Students will be placed at one our four elementary schools based on residence address. In order to facilitate this new process, parents may register kindergartners and all other elementary students new to the district at the elementary schools in their attendance area.
Kindergarten Registration Information Night will take place on April 4, 2022 at Ida Nason Aronica Elementary starting at 5:30 PM. Information regarding all four elementary school, registration support, Busing, health forms and food services will be presented.
Children must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2022 to be eligible to register for kindergarten.
To register students, parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization record, a birth certificate, and proof of address such as a lease agreement or utility bill. Parents can upload necessary documents through the enrollment portal or drop by the school's main office. Hours vary by school. Contact your elementary school directly to determine registration times.
Preschool And Transitional Kindergarten
If your child is under the age of 5 Prior to August 31st, Ellensburg School District offers addition early learning opportunities. For information regarding those programs, please contact Julie Hamilton email@example.com or 509-925-8090.
For more information about registration contact your School Building.
- Ida Nason Aronica Elementary School: Fax to (509) 925-8056, or email to Liz Holmes, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lincoln Elementary School: Fax to (509) 925-8056, or email to Liz Holmes, Registrar at email@example.com
- Mt. Stuart Elementary School: Fax to (509) 925-8056, or email to Lori St. John, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valley View Elementary School: Fax to (509) 925-8056, or email to Sarah Hatfield, Registrar at email@example.com
- Morgan Middle School: Fax to (509) 925-8202 or email to Laurie Sloan, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellensburg High School: Fax to (509) 925-8305 or email to Berna Zacharias, Registrar at email@example.com
- K-12 ALE Program: Fax to (509) 925-8305 or email to Cee Szombathy, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellensburg School District resident students in grades K-5 who wish to attend a school other than their resident school must complete and submit/upload the appropriate Intra-District Transfer Application. Students new to the district must register for their assigned school first before submitting a Transfer Request Form. Forms should be submitted to their assigned school for consideration.
Detailed information about this process can be found here: In-District Transfer Waiver.
The Ellensburg School District allows for students living outside the district to request a waiver to attend school within the district. If you have moved to Ellensburg School District, please complete the New Student Registration.
*The Non-Resident Application for enrollment must be submitted and approved annually.
Detailed information about this process can be found here: Out-of-District Waiver.
Home Based Instruction Students
Home Based Instruction information can be found here.
Home Based Instruction forms can be submitted to:
Ellensburg School District
1300 East Third Avenue
Ellensburg, WA 98926