The Ellensburg School District is committed to fostering intellectual exploration, individual growth, and social responsibility in our students' pursuit of excellence. Our goal is to promote an environment where all students graduate prepared for life’s opportunities. Ellensburg School District envisions its students as 21st century leaders and innovators. The mission of technology is to support the broader statement/mission of the school and prepare students for what challenges await them during and after their time in the district.
To prepare students for the unprecedented opportunities that await citizens of the 21st century, Ellensburg recognizes that a thorough understanding of complexities of technology is essential for success. Educational technology, thoughtfully and appropriately applied, will enhance not only the learning experiences of all students, but also the professional growth of Ellensburg's faculty and staff.
- All students graduate prepared for life’s opportunities
- Upgrade the district’s network to support 1:1 in 5-12 and 2:1 in K-4
- Provide professional development training to ensure a baseline proficiency in technology for all faculty and staff
- Provide technology support to enhance productivity and business processes
- Provide access to software that aligns with district curricular goals at every level
- Assess technology plan progress annually and revise technology plan as necessary to stay current and relevant
- Ensure all students have access to technology as part of their standard district curriculum
- Give all teachers access to a standard set of classroom technologies
- Give students opportunities to learn through project based learning
- Get all technology onto a sustainable replacement cycle
- Encourage students to take ownership over their learning