Safety and Security
We are committed to empowering our staff and students to respond to a variety of incidents that could happen in our schools. We have emergency response plans in place because we believe every student deserves a learning environment that is safe, challenging and exciting. We are committed to making our campuses safe places for students to learn.
We believe that ensuring safety for all requires a multi-faceted approach. The physical security of our schools, training, student mental health, culture/climate, and emergency response are all critical to providing a safe environment.
See Something, Say Something
If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1....
If you see something you know shouldn't be there—or someone's behavior that doesn't seem quite right—say something. Informed, alert citizens play a critical role in keeping our schools safe. Use the form below to anonymously report suspicious or concerning behavior. You can also anonymously report on the Bulldog Tipline at (509) 381-2178.
Types of things to report:
Some of the strategies we have implemented to help ensure our safety are:
- A full time School Resource Officer (SRO), stationed at the high school. Corporal Tim Weed is a commissioned officer with the Ellensburg Police Department.
- Reserve Police Officers (EPD) are an added preventative effort to deter crime
- We conduct a variety of different drills, in accordance with state law. Some of these include Emergency Lockdown, Shelter in Place, Evacuation, and Secure and Teach.
- We acknowledge that the emotional and physical safety of students and staff is everyone’s responsibility.
- Our SRO is on site in our schools and ready to respond if needed
- Reserve Police Officers (EPD) are periodically serving in all buildings and ready to respond when present
- Staff and students are trained to Run/Hide/Fight when necessary
- Our emergency response procedures are standardized so that all schools use the same terminology and consistent practices
- We have an excellent partnership with local emergency response agencies
We have a comprehensive Family Reunification protocol should the need arise. Our counseling teams in each building are ready to assist students in crisis.For a closer look CLICK HERE.