Safety & Security
We are committed to empowering our staff and students to respond to a variety of incidents that could happen in our schools. We have emergency response plans in place, because we believe every student deserves a learning environment that is safe, challenging and exciting. We are committed to making our campuses safe places for students to learn.
- Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Policy
- Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Reporting Form
We believe that ensuring safety for all requires a multi-faceted approach. The physical security of our schools, training, student mental health, culture/climate, and emergency response are all critical to providing a safe environment.
Some Strategies Implemented to Help Ensure Safety:
- A full time School Resource Officer (SRO), stationed at the high school. Corporal Tim Weed is a commissioned officer with the Ellensburg Police Department.
- Reserve Police Officers (EPD) are an added preventative effort to deter crime
- We conduct a variety of different drills, in accordance with state law. Some of these include Emergency Lockdown, Shelter in Place, Evacuation, and Secure and Teach.
- We acknowledge that the emotional and physical safety of students and staff is everyone’s responsibility
- Our SRO is on-site in our schools and ready to respond if needed
- Reserve Police Officers (EPD) are periodically serving in all buildings and ready to respond when present
- Staff and students are trained to Run/Hide/Fight when necessary
- Our emergency response procedures are standardized so that all schools use the same terminology and consistent practices
- We have an excellent partnership with local emergency response agencies
We have a comprehensive Family Reunification protocol should the need arise. Our counseling teams in each building are ready to assist students in crisis. Learn More.