The Board of Directors meet for their "Regular Board Meetings" on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday's of each month; and for their "Study Sessions" on Monday's prior to the Regular Board Meeting. It is the practice of the Board to cancel their Study Sessions and Regular Board Meetings that conflict with the Thanksgiving Holiday, and the District's winter and spring breaks. Notice of Special Meetings will be posted on the District Calendar.
Effective per Board action taken on June 28, 2017 - the Regular Board Meetings begin at 6:00 pm and are held in the Ellensburg City Council Chambers, 501 N Anderson Street. These meetings are televised live courtesy of Channel 2, Ellensburg Community Television, and Charter Cable Channel 191. The Study Sessions begin at 5:30 pm and are held at the Hal Holmes Center, 209 N Ruby Street.
The public is invited to attend the School Board meetings. All meeting agenda and minutes can be found here.
For further information about the School Board meetings, please contact Tara Long, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, by telephone at 925-8010; or by email at email@example.com.
School Board Policies
The Ellensburg School District Board of Directors utilizes BoardDocs for policy and procedure management. Please visit the Ellensburg School District Board of Directors BoardDocs platform to view the most current policies and procedures.
The Ellensburg School District Board of Directors will hold a Study Session on Monday, June 25, 2018 beginning at 5:30 PM at Hal Holmes Center, 209 Ruby Street, Ellensburg, WA 98926.
The Ellensburg School District Board of Directors will hold a Regular School Board Meeting on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 beginning at 6:00 PM at City Council Chambers, 501 N Anderson Street, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Ellensburg School Board Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values for a Superintendent
We want a superintendent who will inspire success, confidence and hope in each employee and student. We are looking for someone who will encourage all stakeholders to help the district empower each student to reach their maximum potential and realize their opportunity of choice.
We want a superintendent who to shares our vision, which is:
- Every student will be inspired, challenged and cared for by exceptional educators.
- Your family is welcomed, respected and valued by our exceptional schools.
- Our community is united, strengthened and prepared for an exceptional future.
- The school district works as a team with staff, families and the community.
We want our superintendent to believe that:
- People are our most important resource.
- Our district is a community-centered district.
- A passion for learning is essential for success.
- Each learner must have an opportunity to reach his/her own potential.
- Our district puts learners first.
We want a superintendent who knows our values are the foundation of our relationships with students, parents and each other; and that together we create a safe, positive climate for learning and working. We value:
- Compassion and kindness towards all members of our community.
- Collaboration and welcoming the contributions of others for a common purpose.
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in words and actions.
- Fair, equitable and inclusive treatment of everyone.
- Treating others, ourselves and our environment with high regard and value.
- Being accountable and reliable in actions and commitments.
- A civil and respectful work environment.
- Fiscal Stewardship.
Board President - Jennifer Hackett
|Board Vice-President and Legislative Representative - Jonathan Leonard||Board Member - Tosha Woods (image coming)|
|Board Member - Meg Ludlum|