Everyone moving forward
Purpose: Increase technology skill familiarity by working toward a common technology goal.
Rationale: In order to best increase technology skill familiarity, staff will need support from district leaders and technology mentors.
Each technology mentor will be assigned a small group of teachers based on survey results and a technology goal set by the teacher.
The mentor will:
- Meet with the other mentors to plan and prepare a half day training for their small group (half day subs for 6-8 mentors)
- Work with their building administrator to schedule a half day training for their small group. (half day subs for whole staff--roving subs)
- Set up optional group meetings once a month.
- Touch base monthly with group members about progress towards their goals.
- Chromebook assistance
- Primary site technology contact for their small group
- Able to respond to basic troubleshooting tasks within the classroom including issues with Google Apps for Education, and/or Chromebooks
Possible goals for teachers:
- Manage devices in the classroom
- Improve classroom communication with parents
- Grade electronically
- Increase student practice with academic language
- Differentiate instruction with technology