Curriculum & Development
The Ellensburg School District implemented a late-start model Monday mornings during the 2016-2017 school year to enable teachers to meet collaboratively in Professional Learning Communities (PLCs). This replaced the PLC Tuesdays and the early release Fridays that were in place during the past year. (Please note that as part of this schedule change, busses will run an hour later on late-start Mondays).
- What is a Professional Learning Community?
- Why do teachers need collaboration time?
- How will teachers use the time?
- Does research support the need for collaboration?
- Why can’t teachers do this work at another time?
- Why change from PLC Tuesdays to late-start Mondays?
- Why not use early release Fridays?
- Are students going to lose valuable instructional time with the new calendar?
- How will the district communicate progress to the community?