The Board of Directors meet for their "Regular Board Meetings" on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday'sof each month; and for their "Study Sessions" on Monday's prior to the Regular Board Meeting. It is the practice of the Board to cancel their Study Sessions and Regular Board Meetings that conflict with the Thanksgiving Holiday, and the District's winter and spring breaks. Notice of Special Meetings will be posted on the District Calendar.
The Regular Board Meetings begin at 7:00 pm and are held in the Ellensburg City Council Chambers, 501 N Anderson Street. These meetings are televised live courtesy of Channel 2, Ellensburg Community Television, and Charter Cable Channel 191. The Study Sessions begin at 5:30 pm and are held at the Hal Holmes Center, 209 N Ruby Street.
The public is invited to attend the School Board meetings.
For further information about the School Board meetings, please contact Amy Mills, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, by telephone at 925-8010; or by email at email@example.com.
Ellensburg School Board Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values for a Superintendent
We want a superintendent who will inspire success, confidence and hope in each employee and student. We are looking for someone who will encourage all stakeholders to help the district empower each student to reach their maximum potential and realize their opportunity of choice.
We want a superintendent who to shares our vision, which is:
- Every student will be inspired, challenged and cared for by exceptional educators.
- Your family is welcomed, respected and valued by our exceptional schools.
- Our community is united, strengthened and prepared for an exceptional future.
- The school district works as a team with staff, families and the community.
We want our superintendent to believe that:
- People are our most important resource.
- Our district is a community-centered district.
- A passion for learning is essential for success.
- Each learner must have an opportunity to reach his/her own potential.
- Our district puts learners first.
We want a superintendent who knows our values are the foundation of our relationships with students, parents and each other; and that together we create a safe, positive climate for learning and working. We value:
- Compassion and kindness towards all members of our community.
- Collaboration and welcoming the contributions of others for a common purpose.
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in words and actions.
- Fair, equitable and inclusive treatment of everyone.
- Treating others, ourselves and our environment with high regard and value.
- Being accountable and reliable in actions and commitments.
- A civil and respectful work environment.
- Fiscal Stewardship.
Board President - Dan Shissler
Board Vice President - Jennifer Hackett
|Board Legislative Representative - Jonathan Leonard||Board Member - Heather Hazlett|
|Board Member - Curtis Bull|